If you are looking to remodel a closet, or create a new one from scratch, it is important to know what kind of wood or other materials to use. There are many wood and wood substitute options available. Depending on your needs, some are more durable than others. Others are more cost-effective and resistant to insects.
- Plywood can be used to build shelving in a closet.
- Its structure makes it very sturdy and can withstand a lot of weight.
- It is not too susceptible to water damage because it isn’t overly absorbent.
- It’s easy to stain.
- Medium Density Fiber Board (MDF):
- MDF shelving is often the most affordable option.
- It’s a smooth surface, which makes it easy to paint on or cover.
- It is a uniform substance that maintains the edges even and smooth. It is easy to cut and join together.
Cedar is a great insect repellent.
It is attractive and will make a great interior design for any closet. It has an earthy, pleasant smell.
It can keep a closet dry and prevents the growth of mold.
Melamine is a strong substance that can withstand heavy weights due to its sturdy exterior.
It can be made in many colors and styles due to its synthetic nature.
This is an affordable alternative to wooden closets.
This article was written by Jordan Legault, Jordan is the owner of The French Refinery. Founded in 2015, The French Refinery quickly built a name and reputation for high-end cabinetry with quality craftsmanship and attention to fine detail. We strive every day to provide the utmost in customer service because our customers deserve the best we can provide. We have built a hand-picked team of talented craftsmen with over 100 years of combined experience. Building Kitchen Cabinets In Tampa FL is our craft, we love what we do, and we make it show through in the work we provide on a daily basis.