Both integrated and standalone LED bulbs offer landscape lighting benefits. An integrated LED light fixture, which is an outdoor lighting fixture that includes an LED lamp, is a complete outdoor lighting system. Although integrated lighting fixtures are easier to install, they can pose challenges when it comes to lighting maintenance and upgrades.
The main benefit of using an LED bulb-based product for exterior lighting is its flexibility. There are many existing lighting fixtures in South Florida that can be upgraded to more efficient LED technology by simply replacing the lamp. This is much cheaper than removing and replacing the entire integrated LED fixture if there are any color changes, beam spreads, or small parts that need to be changed.
There are fewer integrated LED fixture producers at the moment and more companies are focusing on non-integrated exterior lighting fixtures. Landscape lighting fixtures that are not integrated can be used in many different colors, designs, shapes, and sizes. They can also be installed in the most recent designs using LED bulbs in a variety of configurations.
The Benefits and Drawbacks Of LEB Bulb
- It is easy to set up and easily retrofit.
- It is energy efficient and offers a rapid return on investment.
- You can adjust the size, shape, and texture of your beam to suit your needs.
- It can be fitted easily into most outdoor lighting fixtures, both new and old, from a variety of manufacturers.
- Limited lumen output comparable to 20W halogen.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of Integrated Fixtures
- A halogen with a higher lumen output of approximately 35W to 50W will produce a greater lumen output.
- Retrofitting costs more
- There is a limited selection of architectural lighting fixtures
- There are limited options for size, shape, or texture.
Given the small size of LED chips and the fact that heat can be detrimental to their overall durability, it is extremely difficult to achieve the same lumen output as a few integrated LED fixtures using higher wattages. This means that the current LED bulb’s lumen output is better suited for landscape lighting applications. Advanced technologies are opening up new avenues for more powerful lumen lamps to overcome this minor limitation.
This article was written by a lighting specialist at LD lighting. LD Lighting was Established in 2017 and is located in Central Florida, LD Lighting offers services in screen enclosure lighting, pool lighting, outdoor entertainment, and landscape lighting in Wesley Chapel. We promise to give you the best quality of work and bring your ideas to life.